Thursday, May 24, 2007

Yet Another Stupid Intarweb Quiz!

Since I know that my too-long-to-write-and-format 'serious' post I just put up will generate no comments because I'm the only person on Earth who thinks about comparisons between families across classes, I did another stupid intarweb quiz. Apologies in advance for crappy formatting weirdness.


You scored as Scientific Atheist, These guys rule. I'm not one of them myself, although I play one online. They know the rules of debate, the Laws of Thermodynamics, and can explain evolution in fifty words or less. More concerned with how things ARE than how they should be, these are the people who will bring us into the future.

Scientific Atheist

92%

Apathetic Atheist

67%

Spiritual Atheist

33%

Angry Atheist

25%

Agnostic

17%

Militant Atheist

8%

Theist

8%

What kind of atheist are you?
created with QuizFarm.com

Incidentally, I probably can describe the Theory of Evolution in 50 words or less. And I am much more concerned with "is" than I am with "ought". I'm probably a little shaky on the rules of debate, never having participated in a formal debate, and my grasp of the laws of thermodynamics extends not very far beyond the ability to list them, and a willingness to shout like a crazy person and point at the sky, screaming "Mr. Sun!!!" over and over at people who misunderstand the second law to be something that prohibits biological evolution.

What the hell is a "spiritual atheist"?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I scored the same when I took the test... when I saw everyone else pretty much got the same result I figured I didn't really need to jump in on it.

Steph said...

Quiz says I am a scientific atheist followed very closely by militant atheist. Thank you, interwebs, you have finally explained to me why that whole "religious studies" thing didn't work out.
Finally!

TheBrummell said...

Everybody so far seems to be coming out "scientific atheist". I have seen nobody comment, on any of the multiple blogs I frequent that posted this test, that they scored top for any other category.

This test is perhaps even more flawed than I expected!

I thought the reason your "religious studies thing" didn't work out, Steph, was the absence of a conveniently-located religious studies factory, warehouse, or assembly plant.