Sunday, January 17, 2016

Betty Crocker Cookbook #12: Blueberry Muffins (pg. 67) - 160110

Muffins are, not particularly surprisingly, reasonably quick and easy, and while I was not particularly pressed for time on Sunday morning, I was eager to get out of the house with enough daylight to spare for a bit of a Sunday Drive. The downside of this recipe, and how this cookbook arranges and categorises recipes, is that there is now little point for me to try a variation on muffins-for-breakfast because other than Bran Muffins (and their variant, Date-Bran Muffins), all of the muffin recipes here are variants on the one I've just made. I plan to eventually try more muffins, this recipe worked extremely well, but such enjoyments won't count towards this project's completion goals.

Blueberry Muffins

I did not scale down the recipe from its target of 12 muffins because it calls for a single egg; eggs are often the limiting integer for recipe reductions, because I'm not interested in keeping fractions of whipped eggs in my 'fridge. No substitutions, either. I found I comfortably ate four muffins each morning, with a quick smoothie (yogurt, banana, frozen fruit, milk; not a recipe in this book) and a couple of cups of coffee, so this batch of 12 gave me breakfast for three straight days. Very convenient in a "daily life" kind of way, not so good for grinding through this project.

1 comment:

Charlie Bailey said...

FOUR MUFFINS EVERY MORNING! Oh my lanta...