Saturday, February 27, 2016

Betty Crocker Cookbook #33: Spiced Corned Beef Brisket with Horseradish Sour Cream (pg. 156) - 160204

I chose this recipe to use up the rest of the very-salty "navel" beef I'd bought for recipe #21. I washed the beef chunks in running water for about 10 seconds to remove some salt. As with nearly everything I put into my slow cooker, everything emerged after 9 hours that same colour of brown, and quite soft.

Corned Beef Horseradish

Despite my slow cooker's tendency to colour everything the same, the taste is more robust. Especially salt. This was still pretty salty. Also, I'm now convinced that I have, at some point, completely ruined my ability to taste the hot/spicy part of the flavour of horseradish. I glopped a huge amount of the horseradish sour cream on this, and it was delicious but completely non-spicy.


Also! I finally bought a freezer. $60 from a person moving out of a house in Cambridge.

Freezer

No comments: