Friday, April 27, 2007

Cited!

My first-ever (and so far only) scientific paper has been cited. It's something of an 'incestuous' citation in that my M.Sc. advisor and co-author, Felix Breden, is also an author of the paper that cites me.

Gorman KF, Breden F. 2007. Teleosts as models for human vertebral stability and deformity. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, Part C 145: 28-38.

Another milestone in my academic career, though the journal databases still don't find me because Zebrafish isn't in there, yet.

Also, they misspelled my name.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Did you still want a copy of your paper from the journal? Sarah tracked one through the channels at Emory and mailed it to me.

Between her sitting on it for months and forgetting about it, you moving (around the date I received it), and me forgetting about it again... do you still want it??

If so, drop Steph or I an e-mail with your new address, and I'll get it out to you.

TheBrummell said...

I got it. I actually recieved copies of the PDF independantly from both of the professors I was considering doing my PhD with back in November, within about two days of each other.

But thanks for the offer.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! :)

Just found your blog through a comment over at Sex, Genes and Evolution.

Subscribed and will be reading attentively.

King Aardvark said...

Excellent. I don't even think my advisor has cited either of my papers. Oh well.