Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back in the World

I have returned.

I'm sitting in Resolute, at the excellent Polar Continental Shelf Project, killing time before my flight home to Saskatoon. This explains the severe lack of activity around here for the past couple of months: I've been at Alexandra fjord, on the east coast of Ellesmere Island, Nunavut, where there is an unreliable electricity supply, never mind an internet connection.

I did write blog posts while in the field, however. Much like last summer, these posts are written in a style of "today I did this", even though the days in question may be weeks in the past. Rather than repeat my procrastination and delays of last year, I'll put up my summer blog posts interspersed with contemporary musings, but I won't be changing them to say things like "60 days ago I...", I'll leave them as they were when I wrote them. Most of them describe events from the previous few days anyways, so hopefully the temporal context will not be obscured.

The internet connection here at PCSP is a little slow and unreliable, so I might not get very many posts up right away. I'll be travelling for fun (rather than work, fun though it was) for the next couple of weeks, so there won't be a sustained period of activity here.

No comments: