Friday, January 12, 2007

Monday Rant: Intsta-Tilt Chairs

I had a fabulous, wonderful, awe-inspiring chair at my desk at SFU. Here at Guelph, I have a chair that looks nice, and is initially comfortable, but has one crippling, neck-pain-inducing flaw: it tilts. Many people seem to be of the opinion that a tilting desk chair is ideal, and far more comfortable than a similar seat with an immobile backrest. I refer to these people as "morons".

Auto-tilt sucks. I've got a crick in the back of my neck from sitting here all yesterday, my torso rotated back 20 degrees, my neck cranked forward to render my head appropriately vertical. This sucks ass. I want a chair that has comfortable padding, a stable wheelbase, and decent armrests, with a backrest that is adjustable to an infine range of RIGID positions. Time to prowl the basement, I suppose.

No comments: